BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONS PLEASE READ ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The competition is held by online video submission. Applications from musicians who are aged under 18 must be filled and submitted by a parent or legal guardian.
2. Candidates can choose more than one category. If choosing to do so, the candidate must pay for each category entered into.
3. Candidates can submit separate videos for different pieces.
4. Once the application fee is submitted, it cannot be reimbursed.
5. By participating in the competition, candidates give the organisation all rights to use the audio and video recordings with no financial compensation.
6. Jury members who are currently teaching or have taught a candidate in the past two years must abstain from assessing his/her performance(s).
7. The decisions of international jury members are final.
8. All candidates of the seasonal competitions will receive an official certificate in digital format, ready for printing.
9. Physical certificates and trophies can be ordered for delivery by post, at an additional cost.
10. All seasonal winners who achieve a total of six award credit points (see award page for how to gain credits) are qualified to apply to be selected for London Young Musician of the Year. There will be new performance requirements and a new jury panel. Candidates can choose whether they would like to spend 6 credits to apply. No additional application fee is required for this year-end award.
11. The winners of London Young Musician of the Year will be offered the opportunity to perform at the gala concert in London. The winners can choose not to attend or perform at the gala concert without affecting their award(s).
12. Each candidate is responsible for all costs incurred by participating in the competitions and final gala concert.
13. London Young Musician organisation reserves the right to make changes to any information posted on the official competition website, if required.
14. By submitting the application form, the candidates or their parent/legal guardian understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.